This week has posts about tones, a tool to figure out how many words you know, and a way to support your favorite dictionary.
- Practice these 20 Words for Awesome Chinese Tones, by Steven Daniels
- Improve your tones in 5 minutes with 20 words. Includes audio samples to help out. [Disclaimer: I wrote this post. ]
- Ways to learn Mandarin tones, Hugh Grigg
- An extensive write up on different methods and services that help you can use to learn tones.
- The Known Chinese Words Test, Chad Redman
- How many Chinese words (not characters) do you know? This test will try and help you find out.
An Ad-free nciku, the nciku team
- nciku has a subscription plan to let fans of the site support the service (and get rid of ads). [Disclaimer: I used to work for nciku. I no longer receive any compensation from nciku.]