Part of the reason people find Chinese so difficult is it takes quite a long time to achieve fluency compared to other languages. Can one master Chinese in on year? This weeks digest includes infographics, a post on the subject, and a website on the subject.
- How Long Does it Take Learn Chinese?, by Confused Laowai
- This is a question that comes up quite often (like it recently did on Study More Chinese). How long should it take? Check out Confused Laowai’s answer to this question. And make sure you check out the great infographic on Study More Chinese.
- One Year Chinese, by OneYearChinese
- One Year. One goal. Can she learn Chinese well enough to have a fluent? 10-minute conversation with a native speaker. One year Chinese provides daily updates on her struggles, successes, and progress. Very inspiring. I hope she does well.
- Top 11 Mandarin Speech Particles, by Carl Gene
- If you’re looking to speak fluent Chinese (or even fake it), you’ll need to use Chinese speech particles at the right moments. Carl has a great list of particles with descriptions and examples.